“How to start a high school Electronic Music Group”
Free online workshop: June 28th, 2022 at 11:00am US eastern time
Inspired by the feedback I received on a recent post about my students, I’d like to offer a 100% free workshop on the basics of starting a high school EMG (electronic music group). We will cover the technology involved as well as the group dynamic, performance style, how we handle arrangements and covers, and how to turn a pilot group in to a sustainable school activity. I’m hoping teachers will find this workshop to be a helpful starting point in launching their own electronic music performance programs – the world needs more EMG’s!
Registrations will be open through June 28th and close one hour before the event.
I am available for teaching inservices, workshops and other speaking engagements on the topics of music and technology. I’d be happy to help your department with music technology, teacher PD/skills training, K-12 music curriculum development or other sessions related to music education in the 21st century.
- Ableton Loop Berlin Summit (2017)
- Capital University Complete Band Director workshop (2017)
- Owens Community College Network Fair (2017)
- Ohio Music Education Association conference (2010-2018)
- West Liberty University MADFest (2015, 2016)
- Berklee City Music Summit (2015)
- Texas Music Education Association conference (2013, 2015-2016)
- Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra Educator Workshop Series (2015)
- Ohio College Music Education Association state workshop (2014)
- TI:ME Online Symposium, invited speaker (2014)
- Miami University Summer Workshop Series (2013)
- Capital University Music Tech Day (2013,2015)
- Technology Institute for Music Educators (TI:ME) National convention (2011-2013, 2015-2016)
- Illinois Music Education Association conference (2013)
- Jazz Educators Network convention (2012)
- Show Choir Camps of America (2011-2013)
- Southern Ohio IT Association (2010)
- Ohio School Boards Association (2010, 2016)
- OETC (formerly eTech Ohio) conference (2008-2013)
Topics I have spoken about in the past:
This Remix is Fire (student-led methods to remixing and creating mashups)
Making Videos for Your Music Program That Don’t Suck
Music Classes of the Future (overview of my program and programs like mine)
Reaching the Other 80% with Music Technology
DJ’ing in the classroom with Ableton Live
Audio Programming with Max/MSP
The Best iPad Apps for your Music Classroom
Designing a Recording Studio on a Budget
TV Production on a Budget
I am available for hire as a consultant/clinician for your school music programs, and can train in many areas including curriculum design, lab construction, and most other music/ed/technology topics.
Contact me to schedule a session by sending me an email.