2019-present Music Technology Instructor, University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music; Cincinnati, OH
- Created production program centered on Ableton Live and Push focused on bringing students from inside and outside of the conservatory together in a collaborative environment
2011-present District Music Coordinator, Lebanon City Schools; Lebanon, OH
- Managed music budget (~$100,000) and curriculum improvement projects
- Increased visibility of Music Department on a regional and national level
- Reorganized curriculum strategy; enacted long term organizational planning for band, music parents, and theatrical events.
2004-present Music Technology & Media Instructor, Lebanon High School; Lebanon, OH
- Initiated cutting edge technology driven branch to the Music department, teaching
beginner and advanced Music Tech. courses involving over 350 students/year
- Created district curriculum for Music Technology coursework
- Created and advised the Recording Club, an afterschool recording studio program for students that produced albums as a fundraising activity
- Created and advised EMG, the Electronic Music Group, an innovate new ensemble for student producers and performers to showcase their original electronic works in an interactive pop setting.
- Advised Global Media, a film production class that earned multiple awards at the Sundog Film Festival (a major regional film festival for student filmmakers).
- Organized two major upgrades to the computer music lab and the TV & recording suite.
- Brought student groups to regional conferences to promote music technology education.
- Led teacher training sessions on technology topics.
2014 Adjunct Professor, Music Technology & Film Production, Cincinnati Christian University; Cincinnati, OH
- Designed and taught courses designed for music education undergraduates
2013 Music Technology Pedagogy workshop instructor, Miami University; Oxford, OH
- Designed and taught course designed for secondary general music ed graduate students
2006-2009 Korg/SoundTree, Trainer/Technician; Melville, NY
- Published lesson plans for SoundTree / consulted on upcoming curriculum
- Specified and Installed Music Technology labs for various schools around the US
Electronic Music School. Book project, co-authored with Ethan Hein. Oxford University Press. (forthcoming Q4 2020).
Interactive Composition. Book project, co-authored with VJ Manzo. Oxford University Press. 2015.
So You Want to Build a Music Lab. TRIAD Magazine. Spring 2014.
Building a School Recording Studio on a Budget. TRIAD Magazine. Spring 2013.
Reaching the Other 80% by Adding Music Technology to your Curriculum. TRIAD Magazine. Spring 2012.
(interviewed) The Keys to Technology. Emile Menasché. InTune Magazine. January 2012.
A Comparison of the Effects of Traditional and Graphical Representation of Music on Basic Rhythm Reading in High School Students. Indiana University. 2009.
Awards, Speaking Engagements & Memberships
President, TI:ME (National), 2018
Winner, TI:ME Mike Kovins Teacher of the Year, 2015
President, TI:ME Ohio chapter 2014-2018
Presenter, Ableton Loop Berlin 2017
Instructor, Miami University summer workshop series (summer 2013)
Presenter, TMEA (Texas) State Music Conference 2013, 2015, 2019-2020
Presenter, IMEA (Illinois) State Music Conference 2013
Tech Specialist, Show Choir Camps of America 2011-present
Presenter, Jazz Educators Network convention 2012
Invited Curriculum Specialist, Ableton USC curriculum event (summer 2011)
Presenter, TI:ME National convention 2011-2013, 2015
Presenter, OMEA State Music Conference 2010-2020
Presenter, eTech Ohio conference session and student displays 2008-2012, 2018
Finalist, eTech Ohio Teacher of the Year 2009
Advisory Board, TI:ME Ohio chapter beginning 2009
2007-2009 Indiana University (IUPUI) – M.S. in Music Technology (GPA: 4.0)
2000-2004 Miami University, Oxford, Ohio – B.M. in Music Education, cum laude (GPA: 3.72)
Teaching licensure for Ohio grades preK-12