2007-2009 Indiana University (IUPUI) – M.S. in Music Technology (GPA: 4.0)
2000-2004 Miami University, Oxford, Ohio – B.M. in Music Education, cum laude (GPA: 3.72)
Teaching licensure for Ohio grades preK-12
2011-present District Music Coordinator, Lebanon City Schools; Lebanon, OH
- Managed music budget (~$100,000) and curriculum improvement projects
- Increased visibility of Music Department on a regional and national level
- Reorganized curriculum strategy; enacted long term organizational planning for band, music parents, and theatrical events.
2004-present Music Technology & Media Instructor, Lebanon High School; Lebanon, OH
- Initiated cutting edge technology driven branch to the Music department, teaching
beginner and advanced Music Tech. courses involving over 350 students/year
- Created district curriculum for Music Technology coursework
- Created and advised the Recording Club, an afterschool recording studio program for students that produced albums as a fundraising activity
- Created and advised EMG, the Electronic Music Group, an innovate new ensemble for student producers and performers to showcase their original electronic works in an interactive pop setting.
- Advised Global Media, a film production class that earned multiple awards at the Sundog Film Festival (a major regional film festival for student filmmakers).
- Organized two major upgrades to the computer music lab and the TV & recording suite.
- Brought student groups to regional conferences to promote music technology education.
- Led teacher training sessions on technology topics.
2014-present Adjunct Professor, Music Technology & Film Production, Cincinnati Christian University; Cincinnati, OH
- Designed and taught courses designed for music education undergraduates
2013-present Music Technology Pedagogy workshop instructor, Miami University; Oxford, OH
- Designed and taught course designed for secondary general music ed graduate students
2006-2009 Korg/SoundTree, Trainer/Technician; Melville, NY
- Published lesson plans for SoundTree / consulted on upcoming curriculum
- Specified and Installed Music Technology labs for various schools around the US
Interactive Composition. Book project, co-authored with VJ Manzo. Oxford University Press. (final manuscript delivered – publishing date Q4 2014).
So You Want to Build a Music Lab. TRIAD Magazine. Spring 2014.
Building a School Recording Studio on a Budget. TRIAD Magazine. Spring 2013.
Reaching the Other 80% by Adding Music Technology to your Curriculum. TRIAD Magazine. Spring 2012.
(interviewed) The Keys to Technology. Emile Menasché. InTune Magazine. January 2012.
A Comparison of the Effects of Traditional and Graphical Representation of Music on Basic Rhythm Reading in High School Students. Indiana University. 2009.
Awards, Speaking Engagements & Memberships
Winner, TI:ME Mike Kovins Teacher of the Year, 2015
President, TI:ME Ohio chapter 2014-present
Instructor, Miami University summer workshop series (summer 2013)
Presenter, TMEA (Texas) State Music Conference 2013, 2015
Presenter, IMEA (Illinois) State Music Conference 2013
Tech Specialist, Show Choir Camps of America 2011-present
Presenter, Jazz Educators Network convention 2012
Invited Curriculum Specialist, Ableton USC curriculum event (summer 2011)
Presenter, TI:ME National convention 2011-2013, 2015
Presenter, OMEA State Music Conference 2010-2015
Presenter, eTech Ohio conference session and student displays 2008-2012
Finalist, eTech Ohio Teacher of the Year 2009
Advisory Board, TI:ME Ohio chapter beginning 2009
Software Experience (teaching and professional use)
- Music/DAW: Ableton Live 9+, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 8, GarageBand, NI Komplete
- Notation: Sibelius, Finale, Notion
- Multimedia Programming: Max/MSP, Max for Live, PureData, Quartz Composer, Sunvox
- Visual: Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere, Motion, iMovie, Compressor, BoinxTV, After Effects, VDMX
- Web: Dreamweaver
2006-present Lebanon Symphony Orchestra & Chorus, Principal Timpanist; Lebanon, OH
- Performed regular season concerts
- Organized technology needs, including sampling equipment for Richard Einhorn and Anonymous 4
2000-2004 Miami University; Oxford, OH
- Wind Ensemble, Orchestra
- Percussion Ensemble, Indonesian Gamelan Ensemble, African Drum & Dance Ensemble